The Home side of OPSU’s Carl Wooten Field
- First question is this….will we see a more disciplined group on Saturday? That is the most important thing that we can hope for. Colby Carthel was not shy about his desire to purge the penalties and drive killers that plagued the Lions and we will see Lion team that I am sure got the message, but the question is will that point that was translate to what see on the field?
- Playing in Goodwell will be a different experience for sure. It will probably a bit like Blackwater Draw used to be. Stadium setup is different, but unique, you cant help but kind of look around and appreciate the diverse venues of the LSC. One week you are playing in the 20,000 seat Ratliff Stadium, the other you are playing in a 5000 seat stadium in the Oklahoma plains. I am excited to see how it turns out.
- This will be the first time this year, and maybe the only time that you see us playing on grass. I believe Western New Mexico’s stadium is grass as well, but it will be interesting to see if it has any affect on the play calling of the offense or the actual play of the teams. I have no idea what the weather will be like, but look for wind, there is ALWAYS wind in that part of the world.
- A lot of people have knocked OPSU’s field, but I have been told the game day atmosphere is great. The entire school and town turns out, fills the stadium and hollers up a storm for the Aggies. I would rather play in that environment than in a large posh stadium that is about a quarter full. That could very well play into the game. A few years ago under Guy Morriss the Lions traveled to Upper Iowa to play UIU and the stadium sat around 3,000, but their crowd was loud as all get out and it played a huge factor in the Peacocks beating the Lions that year.
- This is our first engagement with a new LSC foe. I am interested to see how it will go. Will OPSU play with a chip on their shoulder, or will they be intimidated? What kind of Football culture do they have? What is around the town? Just little things like that. Tomorrow we will have a very interesting and neat ask the opponent.