1. Let’s start with the obvious, the officiating of this game was a complete and total travesty. If this is the best the Lone Star Conference can put as far as an officiating crew, that is a sad product. You could say at this point, I might be used to bad LSC officiating, but when one team is penalized 5 times for 45 yards and the other 18 times for 173 yards, that should raise concern about a bias. I wonder aloud how we have won so many of the games in the Carthel era when it is obvious our conference officials hate us. Either way..,.
2. The defense stood tall again and they have nothing to hang their heads over. Once again they were tasked with the impossible which was to keep a good team out of the end zone even when they were backed up against the wall. Let us not forget, TSU is a very good team, but at some point, even the best defenses have to have help from our offense and the rest of the team. One unit cannot do it alone.
3. The mistakes that have been made on the punt and kickoff returns are totally without excuse. When a team kicks the ball to you and you give it right back up, that is a serious problem. Has to be fixed, and fixed now.
4. The offense just seems to be grinding gears. Kane Wilson has helped, but with the exception of Marquis Wimberly and Ryan Stokes, the playmakers have not been making the plays on the peremiter when we need them to. Vincent Hobbs, you have to get that man the ball. He is a trump card that few have And even fewer can stop. He is the guy with the most NFL-potential and you know what he can do, get him the ball.
5. Finally, the playoff prognosticators are saying if we win out and Tarleton does as well, we are going back to the playoffs. That sounds right, but while this team has the talent to be in that tournament, it needs to get the mental focus and the little things right. Thankfully we have the best coach in the country. Ill sleep better at night knowing that he will respond to getting knocked down like he always does. I believe in Carthel, and you should too.